Using the Internet to connect this small town with the rest of the world provides opportunity for both ends of the supply chain. At one end it gives potential to the people here in Bagru to provide themselves with a better life. A means for exposing its beautiful culture hidden in this village located outside of Jaipur. On the other end custom printing allows for clients to turn their imaginations into a reality. Seeing an intricate design replicated with great detail by our block carvers, and in turn brought to life with the incredible colors created here in Bagru is not just a job, but also an emotional experience. The end result is seen on the smiles and words used by our clients when they receive their designs. “Beautiful”, “amazing”, “exceeded our expectations” have all been used to describe the process of making their designs a reality.
- Fair Wages, Fair Prices – Each member of the production team is fairly compensated for their contribution to the process. Eliminating middlemen allows us to provide our consumers with fair prices.
- Transparency, KNOW YOUR SOURCE – With ever increasing globalization, our stores are being flooded with products from all over the world. Often there is no accountability as to where or how these products were made. Any consumer purchasing a Bagru Textiles product can easily discover its origins of production on our website.
- 3E Bagru – 30% of our net profits are placed into a community fund. The goals of the fund are to improve aspects of the Bagru community, including education, environment, and entrepreneurship, 3E Bagru.
Bagru Textiles profit-sharing scheme is a system we devised to encourage the participation of the printers of Bagru in the business. Net profits of Bagru Textiles are used for…
- 3E Bagru, a community fund (30%)
- Bagru Textiles Business Investments (50%)
- Shareholder Dividends (20%)
To become a member of Bagru Textiles, a individual or firm must provide Bagru Textiles with hand block printed samples from their own collection. Once a printer is a member, he or she will receive a voice in how Bagru Textiles is run and managed. Members also have the opportunity to become shareholders, ultimately allowing them to share in the profits of the company.